PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky Europe no salaries ? true or false ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2008, 21:47
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I stated before, I have no personal interest nor any axe to grind as regards your situation. I was just surprised to read the info on ppjn, and I thought it was best for the pilot community in general to know what you had been asked ,or indeed had imposed ,on you. The info given on post6 as regards salaries would worry me if I was in your position, you obviously have more faith in the financial establishments than I have.
It is good to know on the positive side that people will pull together BUT also on the negative that the company will not think twice to use its employees remuneration to keep the ship afloat. As jjflyer said, other companies with problems will be watching with interest. At least now, other guys have a bit of a heads-up before their company comes to them cap in hand
With 180 (more or less) aircraft I don't think anyone in Ryanair is losing sleep whether SkyEurope survive the winter or not BTW. I would say "Arrivederci Alitalia" was a lot more interesting to them.
I hope, once again , your loyalty and cooperation are repaid with future employment security, not with the loss of 2 months of your time having unwittingly worked for nada.
Good luck from your fellow pilots, with whom you share the sky and the enthusiasm for what we do ,whoever we work for.