PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2008, 14:50
Heilhaavir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me ask all of you who are concerned about the pay. Does Midex pay you eventually (except for those who have medical issues and problems obtaining UAE license which is a seperate issue)? THe way I see it is that the latest someone would get paid is at the most 11 days late (assuming a person starts time off on the sast day of the month which is not right per the contract and unfair). But at least you get paid. Trying going to work for Orex where you don't get paid and get fired if you ask for your pay.

In time, I believe the issue of getting paid while you are out of the UAE will be resolved. But the first time that one of the crews fails to return from his time off it will return to the way it is now.
Why would you need lower yourself to comparing the BS going on at Orex with your company? The fact that Orex is screwed up should have no bearing on the conditions at Midex, nor does it make it a better place to work for. If the contract states that your crewmembers shall be paid on the 10th of the month, pay should be in everyone's account on the 10th of the month, period. Pretty simple no? Does your contract state that if any crewmember does not come back from his days off the rest of the group will have to suffer the consequences? ("But the first time that one of the crews fails to return from his time off it will return to the way it is now"). If you have a problem with an individual crewmember, deal with it with the legal means you have available to you, don't punish the rest of the group. Honor your contract and treat your pilot group as well as you were treated by your previous employer and you might not have to try and defend yourself each time someone posts his discontent...