PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwin in the 80's
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2008, 10:26
Hasselhof

Does Flick still operate an aircraft these days out of darwin to do the Aboriginial communities?
I assume you mean Flick Pest control? Not as far as I know, however Murray Pest Control have had a franchisee flying out of Darwin for quite a while now. They used to own a Baron (could be a Travelair though, I'm honestly not sure as I've not seen it in a while) which has been rotting away slowly at various points around the northern GA for at least 8 years (could be longer).

I actually did a week of flying for them earlier this year on a C172RG and had a great time. They are still always looking for low hour pilots due to the rapid recruitment around the traps these days, and the experience / pay for a low time driver are great. In my week I did about 10 hours logbook all across Arnhem and made about $1500 cash for my troubles. Was a great refresher as I had not flown up here for at least 5 years. I think their aircraft of choice changes depending on whats available for private hire and I know that they've used a mixture of 182s 210s in the not so distant past (a mate of mine did it for about a year round about 2002 and ended up getting his spray ticket which allowed him to round up work and run trips by himself. Was a great way to earn cash and still do a couple hundred hours for the year while hitting the traps looking for his first charter gig).

As for Karl, yep he's still there. His vege garden next to the apron has fallen into decline, but his little shop at the *ahem* terminal is still going strong. I have it on good advice though to keep away from the pies....