PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Is It With AsA?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2008, 01:49
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dollar is King at ASA.
They have lost sight that they are supposed to be there for the industry, not the other way around.
Those occupying the upper echelons of BS castle believe themselves to be some 'kick ass' business people (and recompensed accordingly), and ASA is a business to return maximum dividend to its share holder i.e. the government.

There are still good people here trying to service industry, however the GD clones will always try to wring an extra dollar out of it.

They are talking about adjusting Airways Routes to enable controllers to gain 'generic endorsements' (like pilots being expected to remain current and proficient on all aircraft types, we already maintain up to seven endorsements), this would entail redesigning airspace to suit ATC staffing numbers, and may lead to aircraft flying longer miles to fulfil ASAs ill-planned and ironically named Service Delivery Environment (SDE) which has contributed greatly to airspace closures.

I'm wondering if they will put out one of those letters that I tend to get from Phone Companies, Electricity providers, Banks, etc that start off with the line
' To continue to provide you with a great service ....... in line with other companies ..... we are putting out fees up.... you know we wouldn't rip you off anymore than we have to.....we really value your business..blah,blah,blah.