PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPT Radio Calls into CTAF - Jet* Today at Ballina
Old 24th Dec 2008, 01:27
framer

Received 483 Likes on 130 Posts
J3 - the RPT did not clarify position when asked. I was listening on the frequency and know what I heard
If thats the case then you'd have to think that they were busy at the time,(checklist being read, calling for flap, ops chatting away to them on the other radio, ) and they missed the request, it happens, human factors etc. Obvious thing to do is ask them again....if they still don't reply I would start thinking that there is a coms failure somewhere...(finger trouble, wrong box etc etc.)...
You know what you heard so let us in on it, did the station making the request for position clarification request again when they got no reply?
If not why not?
Did you pipe up and get a clarification seeing as you were obviously listening ?
If not why not?
If the J* simply refused to answer then why are you moaning on this forum instead of filing on them?
I still don't believe that the J* crew simply refused to clarify. Any professional pilot would not assume an attitude problem being the cause of radio silence.