PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPT Radio Calls into CTAF - Jet* Today at Ballina
Old 24th Dec 2008, 01:04
NOtimTAMs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J3 - the RPT did not clarify position when asked. I was listening on the frequency and know what I heard. An FAF broadcast was also not heard. They then went missed and flew a circuit instead! As for downloading and carrying for carrying the approach plates for each airfield one *might* pass if flying VFR.....you can't be serious, Shirley. A VFR flight from Brisbane to Melbourne would have carry almost the complete DAPS East to cover route and alternates!!! I might be flying IFR most of the time myself, but I'm at least not so arrogant as to expect everyone to do that.

Whether or not some (and only some) VFR drivers give less than adequate calls is not the point - I expect the professional aircrew to behave in a manner that mitigates risk and I expect their training department to train them in mitigating risk. Communicating position in a clear manner that is intelligible to all in the CTAF is a risk mitigator.

Again - does anyone have the J* ops number? Please PM me. It's a pity this thread was moved from reporting points, as it really is an airline issue, not a GA issue.