PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reporting point 2RN
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2008, 01:00
mostlytossas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spodman. You misunderstand me, my fault as I should have elaborated more. Departures would still be as you say outbound on different spokes but 500' seperated. It is no different to what occurs now at places like Albury, Alice Springs etc only the traffic volume would be far greater and the majority VFR from OCTA. This will no doubt require some modification to the radio procedure as is the current situation. ie no readback of clearance as an acknowledgment by the tower of your inbound call is clearance to enter, no taxi clearance required etc ( otherwise I can see many delays waiting to depart / enter )
So what would happen as I see it: inbound ..Report at the rim after copying the ATIS at 1500' fly direct to airfield (tower would probably tell you to report again )at 2 mile out or at some point like Warwick Farm, salt pan, etc so they can get a visual on you. You would then be instructed to join base, downwind etc on descent pretty much as of now.
Outbound... Same as now only track out direct at 1000' until well past the rim before climbing.
Approach points would still be on the VTC but only used as a means to let the tower know roughly from where you are coming from. ie with your inbound report you would say : BK tower warrior ABC 2mile east of Prospect inbound 1500' with Bravo.