PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPT Radio Calls into CTAF - Jet* Today at Ballina
Old 24th Dec 2008, 00:12
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'j3' there is something about the size & shape of the Cub wing too There wouln't be too many places that a Cub wing hasn't casted a shadow over the entire planet!
I think yr statement although technically correct about an RNAV approach point being a 'position' is drawing a looooooong bow in this instance. Such postions/points to basic VFR drivers whom I might add have the same rights to be in the airspace as everyone else might as well be positioned on the moon.
I fly into a zillion basic AD's day in day out in all WX & I always give where I believe it's required the appropriate tracking details for both IFR & VFR drivers that might be listening, obviously IFR ought to know anyway. Takes but a few seconds to say it & is worth possibly several million dollars not to mention lives.
As I said in a previous post the RPT guys will certaintly ask or say something if there is a conflict looming, they have the training, the equipment not to mention X2 IFR drivers:-)

Wnk2