PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPT Radio Calls into CTAF - Jet* Today at Ballina
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 22:32
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi there

IMHO,

The ENITRE set of DAPs are available to download FREE from the airservices website (All you need is an airservices login which is free). So Why not have them for your local aiport and any you intend to visit...It's not that hard people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, why not give the guys a call up and clarify their position if you are too lazy to find out where the waypoints are....once again not that hard!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also concur that there is no concievable way an IFR aicraft would decline to clarify their position if asked to concisely.

It is not nor should it be the IFR pilot's perogative to give bearings and distances as part of a call whilst doing an RNAV, severe clear or soup. I am IFR yet not RNAV endorsed, I face a similar problem, no worries, get out the plate and have a look, see if we're going to conflict!!! And if you're too lazy to download the plate, or give a call requesting clarification, then you shouldn't be in the aeroplane.

Good luck trying to ring an airline Flight Ops Department with a complaint. you would be laughed at and rightly so!!!!!! But give it a try anyway. Can you record the conversation and post it? It'd be hilarious!

You're not from Barwon Heads by any chance?

j3