PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers win right to compensation when flights cancelled for technical faults
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 14:52
TeachMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest these things would not be needed if airlines treated their passengers with more respect. If everyone believed the other was doing their best, then people might not complain as much.

Personally after a few problems with Air Canada, I have not traveled with them in over 7 years, and never will again. I have instead taken Cathey via HK to go Seoul - Vancouver instead. Yes it is a few hours longer but it is not Air Canada. To be honest, from what I have heard from my American co-workers US airlines are not much better.

Simmilarily, flying to Europe, I take Emerates, Cathey, or Singapore for the same reasons - less stress and more respect. That does not mean troubles dont happen, but it does mean that fewer troubles happen and when they do, I get treated well.

For me, I think it is the feeling if being nickled and dimed to death by many North Amerian and some European airlines that leads peaple to say that if the airlines are going to do that to them then '**** them' I'll do it back the first chance I get.

Respect goes both ways. More respect from airlines might make more understanding from passangers.

TME