PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merry Christmas from all at Scottish Information
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 14:37
Thud_and_Blunder

Received 89 Likes on 35 Posts
Perfect timing for a thread, this. I've just been let loose on the Northern Lighthouse Board contract as one of the relief drivers and have had the pleasure of working with Scottish Info for the first time in ages. I say "working" - I noticed during an aircraft changeover t'other day twixt EGBJ and EGEG that the people on the other end of the microphone were invariably way ahead of my Bolkow and me, doing all the "work" stuff long before I'd got around to asking for it. It was one of those days when the weather was doing its best to be a pain, yet having Scottish Info listening out for me just made everything an order of magnitude easier. Two weeks before I had a bit of a race against the hours of daylight to get from near Harris via Cape Wrath to Kirkwall; again, that reassuring presence (in between Lufthansa/ BA/ QANTAS et al being handed over to Shanwick on HF) telling me everything I needed to know was just invaluable. An absolute delight having you there listening and looking out for us; believe me, it is genuinely appreciated. Thank you all. And yes, our Red Head callsign does take a bit of getting used to - sigh.