PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 14:03
Bruce Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it seems that we have the collective intellect, interest and capacity to mount a formative opposition to this scheme, I have PM'ed all of you interested.

I agree that the best way to oppose this would be through a trade union movement, however, as you have pointed out, the political affiliation between unions and the labour party are a problem. There is no doubt that those higher up the union chain will not change their political affiliations, nor put aside the ghosts of their past either. Nor are they likely to jeopardize their positions which afford financial and power security.

Furthermore, your point in that a trade union action would be deemed a political dispute, therefore illegal, is both apt and relevant.

I have been mulling this over for a few days in addition to the PM's i have recieved from you, Yarpy, 42psi, desperate, call100, litebulbs, spannersatKL and have PMed you all back the same message.

I think i see a potential way forward for us all to act in a combined manner, and soon as i have heard from you all back on that mail then perhaps we can initiate a collective opposition.