PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 12:38
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
................how many kingair drivers know the speeds/cloudbreak procedures/glide ratio required etc etc to get into an off track ALA after both fail........'gold' I think yr drawing a very long bow now mate. As for answering some of yr somewhat 'off track' question. Glide speed for the B200 135 kts. Dist travelled per 1000 ft nil wind 2 nm. There is to my knowledge no procedure for doing anything other than what every pilot was taught at the very beginning of training for an engine out failure whether it be 2 or 1.You can argue that ANY flying is unsafe using the above statements but they build multi engined planes for very good sound reasons, one being to enhance the chances of survival should an engine fail.
Look nobody is denying that the PC12 for Eg. isn't a safe plane. It's probably one of the safest planes around in its class but that's just it, in it's class, it's simply not in the same class as the B200 for Eg. & could never be so by the very nature of it being a SE plane.

Can both types perform the same task? Well yes of course they can.
Can both types perform the same task with the same level of safety?
NO!
The story continues, I hope

Wmk2

p.s............I must thank the Mods for allowing this thread to continue, there maybe a glimer of hope in their hearts afterall
Wmk2