PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 09:36
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great replies here guys, 'morno' I think we have started something here.

As 'HH' said though that's a lot to remember on top of all the other high work load (at times) aeromed brings.Excellent thinking that yr going to loose that engine the whole time yr flying, that way yr not caught out completly, but I bet you would still be stunned if it all went quiet at 500' after T/off
'Plovet' that scream you mention as the PC12 is going over head during a practice eng failure aint the plane itself it's the crew trapped inside their future coffin screaming their heads off! (No disrespect meant)

I can recall when I was training for my CPL my instructor & I where a little bored one day during practise everythings so he pulled the throttle back to idle at 500' after T/Off in the old C150 & I practised turning around back to the field (Taree)to line up the dep rwy. We did it easily when I think about it now but I guesss that's a light weight plane but even so then to me it was a scarey event, can't imagine it being done at night in the PC12 for real, brave stuff

hey Dr even the old girl (B200) will glide nil wind 36 nm's from FL180 but I figure if you are doing that then it's time, time to make a public apology over the radio to all the SE drivers out there who think it's as safe in a PC 12 for Eg. that paerhaps twins aren't that safe afterall I love you mum, part of the QRH under engine failure in PC12 perhaps?

So for now am enjoying this thread, some useful info coming from all corners of belief

Wmk2