PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Virgin Blue Share Price - how low can it go and for how long?
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 06:17
tsalta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continuing operations

Hi Wirgin Blew,

No, I did not forget those items. The profit and loss figures I gave were those derived from continuing operations not including one off expenses such as those you listed.

VB did indeed make an operating loss in the last half of the financial year.

Please don't get me wrong, I do not wish ill upon VB. I have lots of friends who fly there and would hate to see it struggle or worse. I am however concerned that they may have stretched themselves a little to thin and not left very much, if anything, in the kitty.

Yes, the soon to be released results will be very informative indeed. I will be extremely happy if I am wrong, as I often am (both wrong and happy).

I don't think too much has changed in the last six months compared to the previous six months. Maybe the rate of internal cash wastage has been slowed (anymore $700 chairs in the new HQ) however the yield could not have increased much. Hopefully the $50 mil in savings is coming through. A single dollar saved goes straight to the bottom line so if they have been successful in that then perhaps a profit will be in order.

There has not been any market guidance since the last result so perhaps a profit.............................time will tell.

Cheers

Tsalta

Last edited by tsalta; 23rd Dec 2008 at 06:21. Reason: spelling correction