PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 03:43
justawanab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricardian,
That reminds me of a story my Dad told me once of how he used to deal with a particularly obnoxious work colleague who was prone to long abusive rants. My Dad's technique was to wait until he had finished and then politely say "Ok. Now what was it you were trying to tell me?" or something similar. At which point the colleague would realise he needed to calmly explain his point or get nowhere.

As for the offload or no offload question ... I'm SLF who not only enjoys flying but also enjoys the whole experience surrounding it, so if I get an extra ride back to the terminal and a chance to sit for a little longer (within reason of course) in air-conditioned comfort watched over by well trained, patient and usually friendly cabin crew, I'd certainly rather have that than be forced to share the inside of the cigar tube for any length of time with someone who was abusive and potentially or actually violent with no safe or easy means of escape. Having said that, of course, I'd prefer that everyone just behaved themselves but otherwise kick 'em off, and quick!!

To cabin crew in general ... you don't get paid enough!!