PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DC9 Tug crew depart aircraft with covered up fuselage damage.
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 02:08
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Fibre

Possel,

Thankyou, we have obviously moved in the same circles & may have met !

To my detractor - sorry I am not being insulting but both PC & internal computers are playing up as regards names -

" welcome to the 21st century " is not all that likely to impress me, as my systems recorded the first European AIM 120 release, and various passenger safety systems elsewhere which should not be gone into detail here.

Materials which are convenient to the manufacturer ( and that is in some serious doubt if one really studies the figures ) are rarely convenient to the people on board.

In fact though I have flown Tiger Moths, it might take a gun to get me into a Fox Moth or a Rapide; still I reckon I could put those down with a fair chance, with the proviso of at least 2 wings on opposite sides - I would prefer an L72 Dural skin, especially leading edges, but if I had to fly something carbon fibre, I would rather like titanium ( & de-iceing ) leading edges.

Now that's 21st century.

If you had seen the snags with carbon fibre which I have photographed in close-up, you might be rather keener on Brunel than Smartarse.

Last edited by Double Zero; 23rd Dec 2008 at 19:18.