PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 01:30
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks a lot 'morno' that's a great story to tell the grand kids, if you survive! Nah really terrific answer to what I asked. I thought that it might be something long those lines going to Vne & using what you have left, the only thing you have left the energy in the beast. I would use the same process in any SE to climb using what's available energy wise, those few extra feet might make all the difference.
Interesting thought the 7nm arc procedure. This I assume is only good if the AD you are attempting to land at has terrain flat ALL the way round & not hills round most of it.
You didn't mention however what procedure was adopted if you didn't break visual & the cloud/fog was on the deck. Min fwd speed wings level & if yr best mate is God (which it would have to be flying SE in IMC) pray like there's no 2moro 'cause there probably won't be!

Anyway again tnxs for that update 'morno'. I take my hat off to you guys who fly those PC12's in aeromed tasks in all wx to lots of dark nasty places & at night,I really do. I couldn't do it & that's by choice.
And may I ask when you get a chance what the procedure is for an engine failure after T/off that precluded a return the the departure AD? Being at high FL's & with open flat terrain in VMC is obviously the best chance for an off AD ldg but we have to take off & land sometime right & at night into cloud?
I hope the Mods don't slam this one closed just yet, this is now becoming a learning curve for a change.

Wmk2