PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 21:39
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'xxx' fair comments re questionable maint etc. Such antics does exist in that industry for sure. And yes you could boil this debate down to numbers. Risk is all about numbers. BUT it's more re an engine failure in either the PC12 or the B200 as being the core story-line here now. If like you say you are faced with flying a 'busted arse' B200 as against a well maintained PC12 you would rather be in the PC12. Okay then lets say that yr poorly maint B200 does have an engine failure due engine close to time ex for Eg. (that's a furphy anyway esspecially with turbines) you HAVE options as in SE climb for Eg.in the old 'busted arse' B200. With the PC12 there are NO options other than down should you have a single engine failure 'cause you only have one if the first place. To me I'd rather have two crappy turbines on my wing than one good one up front unless of course you loose both turbines in yr B200 then I guess you really are sh1t out of luck & should have done as you suggested, stayed home having a sickie with 100% safety

'UD' the thought of ditching in a SE plane sends shivers up my spine. But that same thought over terrain at night in IMC belies belief that's it's allowed in this country, wasn't once & for good reasons.

Interesting note here though notice how this thread has gone as far as 5 pages or so & it's still running mostly now for the old twin V SE. Just goes to show that this subject is still very much a sensitive issue & is alive & well despite others of the same content being closed by the Mods in the past.

Wmk2