PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WAAFs
Thread: WAAFs
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 18:59
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
I can only think that you must have been very unlucky with the RAF ladies with whom you have served......

As for the Russian ladies:

You'd get nothing but name, rank, number, unit, aircraft, weapon and target from me, Юлця!

When Gorbachev and 4 x Il-62s came to Brize in the mid-'80s, some of us were tasked to look after their admin needs. Mine was the KGB jet; they were all whisked off to the Gateway for lunch and we went on board. To be met by a Rosa Klebb lookalike. "You vant coffee?", she asked. "Yes, thank you very much, that'd be most kind of you!", we replied. Whereupon she instantly changed into everyone's favourite prep school matron (grammar school oiks will have to use their imagination) and disappeared into the back of the jet. A minute or so later a number of absolutely stunning stewardesses came out and served coffee plus Russian chocolate which must have been about 150% cocoa butter. A fun day - and the Russians were very easy to work with. There was a bit of a worry (on both sides) when only 39 out of 40 KGB mates came back from the Gateway until one pi$$ed off looking chap in his KGB raincoat turned up somewhat out of breath. "I in lavatory, they take bus, I bloody walk!" was all he said.

Last edited by BEagle; 24th Dec 2008 at 08:24.