PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS imposter rumbled
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 18:28
BEagle

Received 277 Likes on 112 Posts
Hey Westie, how y'all getting on over there in the colonies? Looking forward to having your new President at the helm?

A cold one or a warm one, that is the eternal question! Coors (not that weasel piss known as Coors 'Lite') does indeed taste wonderful when chilled. As do many of your microbrewery products. But British brown beer is better at cellar temperature.

I've been told that I might have to pay a visit to your country next year on business, so hopefully won't need to climb any fences and risk your marksmanship.... That is, if I can persuade the fat Martians at immigration that I don't intend overthrowing the government....

Now Redders, I do indeed remember 1969 as that was the year that Darryl F Greenamyer broke the old Bf109R record at 478 mph in a Bearcat. Shall have a look for your magazine, but fear it no longer exists!

However, selective amnesia means that (fortunately) I don't remember Big Wanda. Or was she that awful Amazonian creature who worked in the Officers' Mess at White Waltham - and supplemented her income by 'entertaining' the navvies who were busily building the M4 extension at the time. For 2/6 a time, I gather....