PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 17:33
GetTheFlick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Don. That is precisely the point I was trying to make. Rest assured, there's plenty of people over here following your debacle with interest, and hope that you're about to get a long-deserved change.
You should have seen the controller's BBS the day Obama named a Republican as Transportation Secretary. I hope he names a Democrat as FAA Administrator. Otherwise, the troops will go bonkers.

That will be the big problem over here -- controllers aren't known for their patience. (I suspect that is universal ) Anyway, cooler heads know that Obama has the wieght of the world on his shoulders and taking out the trash at the FAA can't be a priority at the moment. The controllers need to hang on, but I'm not sure they will. As it is, we're already facing a rebuilding effort on par with the PATCO strike in 1981. We know the "damned if you do -- damned if you don't" situation Oz's controllers are in, all to well.

Me ? I'm of the "I'd rather die standing on my feet than live on my knees" mindset. That's a lot easier to say when you're retired like I am. Best wishes on whatever course of action y'all have to take.

Don Brown