PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Head of Royal Navy threatens resignation over push to scrap Harriers
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 12:15
soddim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your 'translations', Tourist, do not further your argument neither are they accurate. However, to cut and paste my post to give it more visibility is something I thank you for.

I neither patronise nor did I 'cockwave' in the post you rudely offered your testicles to. If you really believe that an individual service could create the core of expertise essential to perform the roles of the other two you are a bigger fool than you sound in your posts.

Reducing the size of our forces is the current occupation of politicians of both major parties and that is not likely to change in the future. If you think that diminishing resources are still best utilised by parcelling them piecemeal to the service that shouts loudest for them, think again or you will be left with Soloman's solution and half a helicopter is no use at all.

As far as resource management is concerned, the allocation of resources is controlled by a joint headquarters and air is allocated where it is most needed.

I doubt anybody is considering that the RAF should operate the individual ship's helicopter - if the Navy budget can stand the cost of one helicopter per ship that's fine but the Army's helicopter force might be a different matter. The rank of the crew, incidentally, is hardly of financial significance compared with the other costs involved.

I would prefer, Tourist, if this exchange is to continue that you refrain from slagging me off. I can do the same thing but I am not prepared to contribute further in such a trivial way.