PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Willy ATCO's get 4 weeks holiday, meanwhile CAGRO At Newcastle saves the day!
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 00:59
C-change

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elperro,
Clearly no one will ever change your mind. Like I said mate, I'm not the boss, I do as I'm told and for the record I don't work at Wlm anymore.

Why would other FEGs support you when you consistently provide no service. Including when you were fully manned.

Which unit has been fully manned, with controllers with all ratings, during the last 15 yrs ? None that I have worked at. A new kid of course with SMC and ACD ratings doesn't help the manning out that much.

You also need to dig a bit deeper on the cost issue. A RAAF Fltlt ATC costs $142K pa with super, med, dental and housing. APS controller is $93K and an FPC Asa controller in SYD is $145K plus super and any overtime AD's etc.

Go and research the bid AsA put in for Ric, it was $5 million PA. AsA charge for the service provided not just the individual wages. Go have a look at the contract for Pea, its on the 44wg site. The cost alone is just to use the Asa machine and their building.
As I asked: When was the last time you specifically change the FLIP hours for an operational move? You accommodate the operational move when it fits in with the local training flights.
It was actually last week, Tue actually, when two of us stayed back after FLIP hours for 3hrs to support a C17 Move. Ring Ausfic if you need to check the Notams. By the way the two staff were APS. We also stayed after hours to vector an arrival for ILS in **** weather the previous Fri.

Anyway I'm on leave and not about to waste anymore time. I'm going fishing, if you want to discuss anything next year, PM me and I'll provide you with my work e-mail and number. Happy to talk about any of the above. Believe it or not, some of us would actually like to improve things.
Merry X-mas.