PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 23:16
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rcoight read back a few pages........ I was one of the guys rooting for the SE aircraft. I do believe I will be around for sometime yet, as I am a long way from being a dinosaur. (yes, I have PC12 time too... not a lot admittedly, but I have flown it)

Maxgrad, Mate, I am happy to keep to the thread subject. I was simply pointing out that a comment made was not justified.... as for attachment size...... well, I didn't see that mentioned........ but I don't wear a watch.
some people take themselves far to seriously and make comments I am sure they wouldn't make if we were all down the pub having a beer and discussing the same subject.

Why don't we wait until PC-12's have been around for forty years to make a fair assessment!
Fair point. but until then, they are a safe, reliable aircraft with the record to back them up. maybe in time that will prove to be different, but while they have the advantage of a good record, why not make use of it?.

WRT the Caravan. It was a comment I made tongue in cheek, but for the acquisition cost being far lower than either lower than the PC12 or B200, why not use them for the non critical flights, like the clinic runs, Patient repatriation and jobs where a sea level cabin is not required, and use the Kingair for the other jobs involving WX and night ops?. hell, you could get two and change for less than a PC12. It wouldn't be all that different to what the contractors with Chieftains, seneca's and the other pile of Piston twin that get used for those rolls.

Last edited by the wizard of auz; 21st Dec 2008 at 23:27.