PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Head of Royal Navy threatens resignation over push to scrap Harriers
Old 21st Dec 2008, 23:05
soddim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the matter, Tourist, seems like you lost a tenner and found a penny. Cheer up old chap and allow me to tell you what I could envisage without waving your testicles. My ability to envisage has nothing whatsoever to do with your manhood.

Simple fact of life is that we no longer have the dosh to do defence properly because flash Gordon has allowed the borrowers and lenders to cock the whole economy up and he's giving what's left to the loungers and the scroungers. Nowt left for the good guys who still have to fight wars we should simply not be involved in.

Nothing wrong with the quality of the RM and they do soldiering brilliantly but air is just a different ball game entirely and the technological knowledge and training required bears no resemblance. If you think back to the dilemma the emergence of air caused in WW1 you will realise that their lordships made a very wise decision in forming the third service.

For years we have reaped the benefit of an independent air force despite the fact that it mainly exists to support the needs of the other two services Notable exceptions, of course, are strike, interdiction and air defence of UK although even these roles are associated with the needs of the other services.

As for the RAF not going the extra mile, the recent award to the Chinook guys in Afghanistan does little to give credibility to your argument.

So, in the true spirit of Christmas, bollocks to you too.