PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay-to-fly wannabee damages Thomas Cook Airbus
Old 21st Dec 2008, 19:36
zk-pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite being a wanabee I agree strongly with the opinions expressed in this thread - training organisations at every level are too happy to keep taking peoples money even once it becomes obvious that they are never going to have the capacity they need - as an instructor who has been through MCC with a large training organisation recently, I am happy to carry on hour building while I wait for an airline job to come along and am likely to have close to if not more than 1000hrs TT when that eventually happens. To my mind, that will not necessarily make me a better pilot than the 200 hr "hot shots" who come out of the pilot sausage factories but it will have given me more experience of aircraft handling in general plus airmanship plus all the other things airlines should be looking for - I am not saying "aren't I great" - I am just saying that the sooner these ridiculous schemes are outlawed the better (and safer) we will all be - I have been offered one of these schemes and I'm afraid I chose to turn it down on principal - I have already remortgaged my house too many times to want to do it again to pay an airline to let me get some work experience....!
Oh and I also wanted to say that I have twice had to tell someone they should consider not paying for flying lessons any more because my employer would just keep taking their money - it was a really hard thing to do but in the end I don't want to train someone to fly who then goes on to have an accident because they just aren't up to it - harsh but in the end fair!