PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways TR's and cost?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 18:48
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mister Geezer, yes I enjoyed instructing, it got me invited to several interviews and I was laid off from my turbo prop job early this year. When I consider the pay cut I took to instuct full time, I still feel that staying in my previous job to raise the cash to go to Ryanair would have been a better option. I have several colleagues that I completed CPL/IR training with that went to Ryanair, and I feel that they are now years ahead of me in their flying careers.

Dihaz, ok fair point about job stability, as mentioned everyone circumstances are different, but choice between been bonded again for years on a low salary or paying for a rating to fly a jet, there is no clear cut answer, but for myself I would edge towards the riskier option.

Yes, while there may not be much demand for 737 pilots in Europe there still seems to be a reasonable amount of demand for contract pilots in West Africa and the Far East, with 737 time.

Don't get me wrong I am sure Eastern is a nice place to work, and the only negative thing I have heard about Eastern is the training bond, if I lived in the North it would certainly be an option I would consider (Mrs PHF would divorce me if I ever mentioned relocating to Aberdeen).

Last edited by portsharbourflyer; 21st Dec 2008 at 19:00.