PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Are The R.A.F. Regiment For?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 14:55
piran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up What Are The R.A.F. Regiment For?

Having served in the RAF for over 30 years I have a profound and deep respect for this proud corps of guys known as the RAF Regiment. Brilliant on the RAFG Harrier Force and SH Force and unseen but did a fantastic job in Northern Ireland and well proven in recent combat on Ops TELIC and HERRICK. I have heard senior Army cdrs many times wish they has such well led and highly motivated forces. The RAF Regt do a great job defending us and our airfields and even while doing CCS at HQ Air I found the "Rocks" good value, with great banter to us "Guins" yet getting some really useful stuff over such as first aid (can be used anywhere) and military skills. Yet they recognised few of us were experts at skill-at-arms but with a little encouragement they could make us reasonably competent. Having served twice in Iraq I thank the RAF Regt for my excllent training; giving me the skills and confidence to defend myself and my comrades. Hats off to the excellent and brilliant RAF Regiment, long may this elite corps be proud to fight beside the rest of us in the RAF. We do appreciate what you do. God help us if we waited for the Army to do this role, we would still be waiting as the Army don't do airpower but bull**t!

Last edited by piran; 21st Dec 2008 at 16:15. Reason: spellings