PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Layoffs at Skywest
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 14:13
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topend 3. mate I can assure you I do know what is going on in the mining industry. I live in the center of the goldfields and work in the industry. I know of five mines in my immediate vicinity that have closed and several more that have had drastic cuts in workforce due to suspension of mining operations. A lot of the companies in my area have interests in other areas of Australia.....and in fact the world. Most of the bigger mines in my area have stopped mining and are currently producing from stockpile. all nonessential contractors have been removed from site and it is effecting not only my own business, but every other business associated with the industry in every town in my district, and the next few over from my area as well. there are also many large companies around my parts,that their core business is supporting the mining industry, and they are effected to a larger degree. companies such as BHP, Brambles, Rio tinto, Jamisons, Boral, Sudexo, Mnt Gibson, Cape crushing, Hamptons, Minesite catering, BGC, St Barbras Etc are shedding jobs at an alarming rate.
I think Topend old mate, I am in touch with this situation better than you are or will be.

Last edited by the wizard of auz; 21st Dec 2008 at 14:27.