PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad New Joiners
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 12:45
Gazeem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etihad New Joiners

Hello,

Could I ask for a little help with a couple of questions about Etihad employment?

Firstly, a little about my background I’m a Brit with heavy jet experience, a pre-school family and an ex-military background.

I have spent 10 weeks or so a few years ago in Abu Dhabi staying in hotels near the Corniche and in the main quite liked the climate and the place in general.

I am tempted to apply for a position in the current Etihad employment round (which I believe closes 31 dec??). I am happy that I have gleaned enough information about the pay, T’s & C’s time to command etc about the company through Pprune and other sources.

The two questions that I am keen to find a current answer to are?

What is the standard of accommodation like for a new FO, does it vary with the number of dependants you have with you? Can you move up the scale after a few months/years in UAE? Does it afford you a pleasant stand of living. (also if you have an interview is there the chance to visit any typical accommodation?)

The second question is how life would be for my wife and toddlers – is there a support network, ex-pat community or social life, either official or otherwise, like you might find in Germany with the forces. Do you feel it would be a suitable and happy place for a young family?

Any help appreciated,

Gaz