PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Are The R.A.F. Regiment For?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 12:02
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers Shack,

I remember a recruiting ad for the Booties, which was made up of about 40 small boxes, each box with detail of a campaign in a given year since WW2 that they were involved in. There was one year blanked out, which said; '19 (whatever):we took the year off'. Very cool. Even getting to try and join the RM was a nightmare - at the time their recruiters were in a small office above the RN mob and to get to them you had to climb some stairs at the bottom of which was a bar that you had to do 15 pull ups on, before you were allowed the honour of even climbing the stairs. It took me about a month and when I did get into his office, he told me they were full.

Minigun,

You refer to what the OP posed, so address it and have the balls to stop pretending that your ignorance and arrogance was a moral statement about enshrining your right to free speech. In my career as shelf stacker, I got to see all manner of stupidity justified as FoS, which of course, is what the right to be a twonk in public ultimately is. And long may it continue - it makes identifying twonks easier by not driving them underground. And your attempt to be taken seriously at the end by talking about CAS and FAA, and evolving as a society made me smile - so perhaps I did overreact by taking you as seriously as I did. Apologies.