PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Willy ATCO's get 4 weeks holiday, meanwhile CAGRO At Newcastle saves the day!
Old 21st Dec 2008, 10:48
ElPerro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can put who ever you like in Willy TWR.
Excellent I'm glad you agree that other than price there is no specific reason RAAF controllers are required at YWLM.

Don't forget one critical fact, RAAF are cheaper than Asa
No they are not. Haven't you checked lately the full cost of a uniformed member? Why do you think DMO hire "Professional Service Providers" such as Engineers at a rate of $220,000+ . (That's what they pay the companies providing the individual).

Were you aware that RAAF ATC also controlled at Balad ?
Yes I sure was. That's why I used that as an example. That is an operational base. Was controlling at YWLM a requirement to be deployed to Balad? Of course it wasn't. Care to name a single occasion when you contact the local units to ask if they can delay the morning wave in order to facilitate an operational move? Doubt it - CTAF it is.

I like many others out there turn up each day and do my job. I'm not in charge of Oz ATC.
I'm not directly having a go at you. I'm just saying your services aren't required in a blue suit.

Maybe if some of the other FEGS had supported us over the years instead of bitching, we would be in a better state these days.
Why would other FEGs support you when you consistently provide no service. Including when you were fully manned.

re you also saying that when I complete a 9 hour shift for the local units that I then must stay for your arrival, then for the next one and so on. That little bit extra here and there soon adds up
Try telling the light twins at your base to launch their "waves" at a specified time to provide greater coverage for all. (Mind you - as if they'd let you interrupt their Friday 3pm BBQ and drinks).

You could also try saying thanks to those that stay and put up with the bull**** !!!!
Loyalty up and down the chain of command. It appears you don't have the loyalty up. It says a lot about the state of ATC at YWLM when those on the radio pass the buck up the chain.

As I asked: When was the last time you specifically change the FLIP hours for an operational move? You accommodate the operational move when it fits in with the local training flights.