PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Are The R.A.F. Regiment For?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 10:26
minigundiplomat

Received 188 Likes on 72 Posts
So, to put you back inside your comfort zone I've worked something out for you. In the average tour, a 21 year old 'clinically braindead' gunner on his first tour can get posted these days with a 6000 hour badge. As for anyone (clinically braindead or not) who does over 20 years, well.. they'd probably need their own personal Loadmaster to carry all their badges. And no, I don't need Wiki to confirm for me that you're punching above your weight when you're trying to be clever or funny. The people you work with could probably do that for me far more easily.
What is this gibberish? a 6000 hour badge? carry all their badges?

I say again, the poster asked a question. I answered it according to my opinion. You have made your opinion clear (apart from the paragraph above).

I, unlike others I grant you, do not hide behind anonymity. I would be prepared to voice any opinion expressed here in person, in fact, I am very likely to.

You on the other hand, are a retired rock ape who is now a shelf stacker for all I know, who feels the need to spend all his time on a military aviation forum telling those still serving what is required from them, and how things are.

Apart from being quite sad, it seems you need to get a life and let go of the military. It's not Germany in the 70's or 80's anymore.

I will express my opinion whether you or any other tw@t like you agrees with it or not. That is the democracy we supposedly protect. You have the right to do likewise, a right you seem to exercise equally well.

For the record, their are things the RAF Regiment do very well. Are they the panacea - no I think there is room for improvement.

Could the Army do it equally well - Yes. Could they do the job better - probably.

Lets not get this out of proportion - Airfield Defence boils down to patrolling, vigilance, gathering and use of local intelligence as well as control of entry - I am pretty sure the Army could cope.

Have a good Xmas Al - but try and talk to some civvy's occasionally.