PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Willy ATCO's get 4 weeks holiday, meanwhile CAGRO At Newcastle saves the day!
Old 21st Dec 2008, 09:21
C-change

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elperro,

You should answer my questions about why Blue Suiters have to perform the tower / ground job at YWLM rather than question the basis of my knowledge.
I have answered this several times. You can put who ever you like in Willy TWR. I'm only quoting the same reason that was passed to me by management (SRG). Put AsA in there, put APS in there, maybe even Serco, I don't care who does the job personally but that is the reason we have been given. You also seem to have not noticed that AsA have enough staff dramas as it is. They can't man what they currently have. Where are they going to come from, the magic ATC hat ?

Don't forget one critical fact, RAAF are cheaper than Asa. That counts more than ever when Defence need to save 10 billion over 10 years.
Why do you think the Southern Bases stayed APS. Because its cheaper. AsA charge a fortune for the service, have a look at Pea. It ain't cheap.

I'd call Balad or Tarin Kowt an operational base.
Were you aware that RAAF ATC also controlled at Balad ?

As far questioning the basis of your knowledge, lots out there have opinions on things that they know very little about. Wasn't after a dot point summary, just wondering if you had ever been to the place.

You made your bed - Dick Smith has pointed out the bed you have made - time to lie in it.
Actually I didn't make the bed mate, others created the situation we are now in. I like many others out there turn up each day and do my job. I'm not in charge of Oz ATC. Maybe if some of the other FEGS had supported us over the years instead of bitching, we would be in a better state these days.

Are you also saying that when I complete a 9 hour shift for the local units that I then must stay for your arrival, then for the next one and so on. That little bit extra here and there soon adds up. You've landed but then the next one turns up and before you know it an hour has rolled by and then I'm violating rules. Good one. Just like you, I have to do as I'm told. Give us the staff and the means to keep them for a while and we will stay for FLIP hours.

You could also try saying thanks to those that stay and put up with the bull**** !!!!

Last edited by C-change; 21st Dec 2008 at 09:42. Reason: Spelling error