PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bogus engineer convicted
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 08:04
patkinson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bogus Engineer

I have seen many engineers over the years licensed and unlicensed who have been excellent engineers, only once ever heard of someone who had forged credentials, but even so a phonecall usually gave credence to whether a person was the'real deal'...in the old days that was !!
This guy's work only lasted until the turnround ,minor inspection or whatever.. usually an idea of someones competency is without question.. Qantas QA has to be taken to task as also anyone who cited the guys qualifications ..course certs etc .
I am retired..happily and it really worries me these days of what I read on this and other similar websites that there is a lot of guys who submit material here that confirms my suspicions
they should be in some other profession.
The bogus engineer fortunately did not cause any
loss of life or damage and am really glad about that ,however he also did not do anything like the ddamage and injury caused by bogus ddoctors ,vets , pilots and unlicensed car drivers so although I worked very hard over the 40 odd years in my career I am very jealous of all the hard work that I and others have put in ..3.5 years is a bit over the top!