PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 01:45
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't return after my 10pm shift, and enjoyed my day off with family, and didn't agree to the 4 am starts, too fatiguing.
I was giving an example where you do a lot more and then just get asked to do more.
ASA would have Joe Public believe through their Corporate Affairs (@50 people now, in 1998 there were 3 PR people) that controllers are running an industrial campaign.BS.

Controllers have always had the legal backing to say no to O/T due to many reasons, family committments,work/life balance, fatigue,etc, but have not invoked them due to an ethos not to inconvenience industry.
ASA have abused this over the years, no need to employ the correct number of controllers as these suckers will just keep covering for us and we'll drag in the bonuses.

Well ASA are now reaping what they have sown. Unfortunately it is the industry that is paying for the mismanagement. ASA wheel out the spin doctors to divert blame.

This has served to further disengage controllers who are putting their health and families first for a change.