PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 20:47
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhhh, the Pprune of 10+ years ago is back - useful threads, excelent banter....

Bushy is spot on again. Those organisations that hide behind either/and/or a spiritual cloak and not-for-profit business models do indeed make competition difficult for dedicated for profit companies. Look at Bushy's home town to see the difference in the market when one of those companies being referred to funnily enough somehow went broke after plans for market domination went a bit awry.....

It will be sad to see and I guess there will be many people with emotional ties to the companies involved but from what I read these days of the aeromed situation there in the Territory (effectively three providers if you count Barkly Aeromed) it is long overdue for rationalisation and intergration into one operation without the duplication of operational capabilities and management teams all pulling in their own directions.

From previous exposure to Government policy while I was involved in a Volunteer organisation the one thing that will end-up forcing the issue will of course be the various levels of Government. The reason is that Government Departments hate dealing with more than one entity and see duplication of offices, managers, aircraft etc etc as a waste of $$$$$ and believe me, they will get their way in the end.

Regards,

OpsN.