PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 13:09
Shamrock350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As regards comments that Aer Lingus started off badly with poor publicity, I really cant see how differently or better it could have been done.
widespread TV advertising at peak times, bill boards all over the province, newspaper advertising, advertising on the back of buses, sponsorship of one of the morning radio shows. I think we were bombarded with information and news on the subject. The market is limited in a challenging economic climate. Aer Lingus will come out of this better and when the economic climate lifts they will boom.
Aer Lingus faced uproar from Shannon and a constant backlash from the press plus mounting pressure from unions which lead to a number of strike threats that would have cast doubt in peoples mind. The advertising was good and I'm pleased to see them doing the schools art competition and the Belfast marathon, although I hope for an even better campaign for the LGW base.

I think the base is in a far healthier position than it was a year ago and I'm sure they'll stick with the base despite what some seem to hope.