PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIRPROX Birmingham, Police v UFO
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 11:32
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 440 Likes on 233 Posts
Why? That's a biased view. As professional fliers we should be interested in the TRUTH first, regardless of whether it is terrestrial or extra. That's how I was taught science anyway.
Each to his/her own ideas of logical. Who taught you science?

Most things can be explained by what is already known and although I keep an open mind, we have relatively very little evidence of extra-terrestrial goings on. As I said, I have seen a similar thing, doing the same job in similar circumstances and discovered what it actually was. Metallised foil balloons.

As an aside, on another occasion, in my capacity as chief pilot of a neighbouring police ASU, I was approached by two very excited chaps from a local UFO group and asked for comments on a video of strange airborne lights they had in their possession (a steady red, a flashing red,a steady green and a moving blue beam). I was able to explain that it was our police helicopter and showed them our tech log sheets proving that we were operating over the same spot at the exact time of the video, using the nightsun (it was me flying). The person with the video camera was four miles away and had the lens on max zoom, causing amplification of camera shake which explained the "erratic movement" of the UFO.

I could sense their intense disappointment.....

On the other hand, I saw something in the sky in the 1970s in broad daylight which is still unexplained.