PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 11:26
h&s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect h&s, are these your own thoughts or just regurgitated Ryanair press releases
mate, you probably haven't the time, but if you have 5 min, just look at my former messages and you'll see that accusing me of regurgitated ryanair press release is totally non sense

Selecting an aircraft type is not only a question of cost per seat but also of business model, capacity, price per aircraft, services package etc
EZY selected Airbus because the last had to enter into the LCC market (at this time, Boeing was wining all the big LCC orders) and offered them an unbeatable price, but also because smaller aircraft suited well EZY business model which is serving main airport with smaller A/C but frequencies, rather than secondary airport with bigger A/C but fewer frequencies

The total DOC of a 738 is bigger than a 319, but then you divided one by 156 and the other by 189, so at the end, I guarantee you than the cost per seat of a 738 is unbeatable, and I don't work for FR or Boeing, and that do not mean that this aircraft is the best, because airline doesn't care to have the potential lowest cost per seat aircraft if they forecast an average of 100 passengers by trip

ItsAjob, you have a good point, but even considering the outsourced staff, the ratio is a lot lower for FR. If you knew the number of people working in finance, new route development or revenue management for such a big compagny, you'll be chocked!

Lord Lady, I agree with you, this is why I said that I only compared short haul vs. short haul