PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reporting point 2RN
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 10:39
Annihilannic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a Basair student who has flown under Joanne's instruction on two occasions, once in VH-FMG.

I don't understand the vilification towards those that are saying that change should at least be considered. I admire Dick Smith for stating his opinion in a sensible and public fashion, and don't in any way think that this is the wrong time for him or anyone to be asking these questions. Any allusion to his motives for doing so are irrelevant. Let's take the opportunity to at least consider improvements, if indeed such improvements can be made.

I don't have the flying experience to argue the pros and cons of the various technical or procedural solutions that have been discussed, but I do find it difficult seeing the radar data so readily available that in my opinion would have been more than sufficient to generate some kind of alarm of an impending collision, without requiring any additional equipment. I realise that the additional cost is the manpower required to react to these alarms, and hope that is something that would be considered.