PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Are The R.A.F. Regiment For?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 09:57
Ivan Rogov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure most of the Regt guys will take the majority of this thread as banter, but it is unfair to challenge them through this medium as they won't understand it (can't F*** it or fight it, so what's the point eh!)

They have protected me on many OOAs operating from the IPOD. On a few OOAs (ground tour) I have worked with them to protect the IPOD and seen exactly what they do to ensure everyones safety, I guarantee you wouldn't want to change places with them! There was the odd throbber, but there were many more excellent individuals and that goes for most other trades too. Most were top guys doing a hard job, much more arduous than many give them credit for.

Just because it seems nothing is happening, it doesn't mean they are not busy. Unfortunately it's difficult to quantify their success, each day or night without an attack might be due to no EF activity, but just as likely they deterred, observed or engaged them which is seldom broadcast to the masses. Keep up the good work

On Ops they are 100% focused on their mission, which is not an easy one given the assets. How long would that last if the job went to the Army?

Last edited by Ivan Rogov; 20th Dec 2008 at 10:59.