PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 20th Dec 2008, 09:31
FDP_Walla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it is all over. Some interesting and Witty comments on this thread over the last few weeks. The next big challange will be the pay award.
Anything less than RPI and I feel that we realy are on the start of a long slippery slope.

It would be interesting to see a new thread on why people are union members (given the vote and number of abstainers). I feel that too many see it as an insurance policy to cover up their own weaknesses in the profession.

Good ATSA's with some Systems engineering knowledge can play a big part in our Future centres programs so I hope that some will retrain as those that I have worked with have been well worth their money.

ATSA reductions wont only be limited to PC but Scottish airfields with the roll out of EFPS. Still a long way to go (IMHO) for PC and the systems that replace them will need to have good fallback systems and procedures which will prove (again IMHO) much more expensive than the projects would want in order to make those staff reductions. The latter was never more obvious than during the recent NAS-NERC system resynch problems where the OPS and theefore business effect was limited by the continuing production of good old paper strips distributed by the good old ATSAs.

Merry Xmas to you all.