PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 08:26
bushy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El cheapo aviation services?

Many of australia's outback aviation services are impoverished, and I fail to see how they can ever recover until our numerous governments start paying real costs for proper services.
We have "not for profit" often subsidised organisations iand/or organistaions that get donations from the public, issued with AOC's and tendering for government contracts in competition with companies that have to pay all the commercial costs without being able to get contributions from the public or subsidies. One not for profit organisation states that potential pilots have to organise a cash flow that is suficient to pay their wages and expenses.
Our government seems to be using this as a system of favouritism and a means to get cheap services. I think it is unfair and unscrupulous, and the result is that there is insufficient money paid for the government services. Some tenderers can get "top ups" from the public, or other government sources. Others cannot.
Aeromed services are affected. AOC's should not be issued to "not for profit" organisations. AOC's are for business purposes.
Until we sort that out we will always have impoverished
air services with lots of associated problems.

I am not saying any particular organisation is impoverished.