PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riverside Flight Center - pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 06:57
flyerbuddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It seems to me that the poster left Riverside a very bitter person, having massively over-flown the hours necessary to achieve the most basic of aviation qualifications. Unfortunately not all candidates are up to the complexities of commercial avaition; whether it be lack of ability or other soft skills, ie CRM.

In a non-comercial environment these candidates would be removed from training, however in a commercial environment the student would just continue to throw money at the problem"".

I think it is harsh to categorically state that caliph might not be a average student. I was exactly in the same situation with a School in florida that closed down after a series of incidents and accidents. And, yes, this school had a majority of indian students who were forced to fly on an average 90 to 120 hours for their PPL, what with intermittent flying and prolonged delays with scheduling stage checks etc etc. And I know for certainty that not all of them are lacking in whatever skills that junglie driver might presume to possess.

The ICING on the cake was after all this humbug they were sent for checkride under part 61 - SO what's that with the stage checks for part 61 !!!!

The sad part was that all the students had signed a contract (First thing they are made to do upon reaching this new land) and later when they understand what nonsense is happening, its too late - coz as per the contract you got to shell out a few thousand dollars if you decide to change school. so you are stuck for bad or worse.

So there you are, these guys stayed not to "throw their money into the problem" but to save their money and try their best to salvage the situation and hope against hope that they might be spared somehow from the fate of their friends.

AND YES there definitely was different standards for local students !!!

so maybe unless you knew one personally who underwent this traumatic experience in an alien land you would never fully understand what the whole s#@# is all about.

I fully sympathise with caliph and wish him the all the best in his future course of action. GOD be with you, buddy