PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 21:04
A319-100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry but I really cant see Aer Lingus working at Gatwick. It is far too competitive there at the moment. If for example Aer Lingus are successful on some of their routes what are the chances of EZY leaving them alone. I personally think EZY will fight strongly to protect their patch at LGW. Easyjet have massive plans for LGW. Aer Lingus are now going to be fighting battles on 3 fronts while openly forecasting extensive losses next year. They are not anywhere close to being a market leader in any of their bases and they are now competing with the most aggresive airlines in Ryanair( who have a personal vendetta against Aer Lingus and could possibly replicate or target these routes for the sake of it) and easyjet. Dublin-Ryanair, BFS-EZY, LGW-EZY. Like throwing my goldfish in with a tank full of piranhas. I hope I will stand corrected...... The reason Aer Lingus do well in Dublin is that there are a group of pax who will not fly with Ryanair so Aer Lingus is the option, a good one at that. In LGW there will be no loyalty towards them and price will dictate. I just hope this is not a decision they will regret........