PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Women airline pilots are best'
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 20:17
IrishJetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very different animals, men and women. In my FI days it was usually the blokes that clammed up once in the aircraft. Women are usually much more at face value although most of my "little surprises" have been presented by women, most notably releasing the controls, then saying "you have control" as we drifted serenely towards the grass. All this in a medium jet!

Women are allegedly better at multi-tasking and language skills are usually stronger. I can eat a sandwich while looking out the windscreen but not sure if counts as multi-task.

Mate of mine is a psychologist, and he was telling me how women can go to the shops with no apparent plan and come back having spent a small fortune. It goes back to when primitive people were simple hunter/gatherers. Women would set off not really knowing what they were expecting to find and thus would select many different things as they went along. Men on the otherhand would know they were looking for an Antelope but would disregard or not notice all the other flora and fauna around them.

Incidentally two of the best commercial pilots I ever flew with are women and one of the greatest test pilots ever was a woman. Hanna Reich. They do have babies though.