PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 18:00
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PKPF
There are some stunning, and highly relevent, high res aerial photos of the Mull lighthouse from several angles on a site marinas.com - you can view for free - hit the "map" button and zoom in like on google earth - hit the lighthouse icon and you will see the photos.
The landing area I have referred to (by waypoint A) stands out like a dogs ball.
Not being rude, PK, but I thought you still lived in the area - I seem to recall suggesting to you before last summer that you take some photos of the mist yourself (say from a boat) - I managed to take a few (and have posted some) and I live on the other side of the world.
I am also rather disappointed at your descriptions of weather formation - does it really matter if it is from a polar bears backside or whatever the tech terms were - it was blowing from the south over a fair bit of sea after a summers day - tends to be a bit moist? - cool it a bit and voila - common/predictable that it woulkd form on such headlands.
While you did at least use the "upslope" word, you did not describe what happens when a strong wind hits a sloping headland - that the lower layer gets compressed, speeds up, gets cooler, reaches its dew point well below the start of the oro cloud - veils the lower slopes following them - you can actually be above it but below the oro cloud. You must have seen it?
Just keep everything confusing like the others, eh?