PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 15:05
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was like old time this morning with the traffic jam into the airport extending all the way to the bottom of the hill. In fact as I crawled along in the opposite direction the queue was just about to interfere with the traffic on the A505 as I turned left at the roundabout, this was at 8:45.

It must be clear by now to airport management that the drop off area is not working and is probably causing more congestion than the old drop off area especially as this is winter

So now the good news, the new access road to and from the airport opened sometime today in both directions but only as a single lane. That’s where the good news ends. As I went down the hill, in the opposite direction going up the hill it was solid traffic from the Ibis roundabout all the way to the new traffic lights, which by the way are not switched on. The route from the Ibis into the airport was clear.

I decided to turn around at the temporary roundabout by the overhead signage and use the old route back to the roundabout at the bottom of the airport hill. The odd thing was that there was no traffic on this section of road at all. In fact some cars were coming at me on the wrong side of the road as they thought it was now a dual carriageway. I quickly came to the conclusion that much of the traffic that should have continued along the A505 was actually heading towards the airport in error due to poor signage.

Last edited by LTNman; 19th Dec 2008 at 15:16.